Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: O'Hare Gates

denno
Adventurer B

Thanks MiddleSeat, I contacted the company a couple days ago.  Awaiting response. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@denno what kind of response are you expecting? The request will be sent to the appropriate people and they will probably update the info at some point. Not much left that needs to be said.

--TheMiddleSeat

denno
Adventurer B

MiddleSeat, what I would hope would be the obvious desired response is that someone will update the airport information link. 

floridaguy
Aviator C

I would suggest download the Southwest APP and use that at the airport to monitor your flight information.  That data comes directly from Southwest and doesn't have to wait for the local airport to update their systems.

bec102896
Aviator A

@denno wrote:

@DancingDavidE  Thanks for an excellent post about the ORD gate situation.  The bigger problem I intended to address initially is why Southwest’s airport information link is so outdated. A more egregious example is for DEN.  Southwest’s 16 new C concourse gates were opened in May with much celebration on the Southwest media link, but now, 6 months later, they still don’t show on the airport information link.  This makes me wonder how many other cities’ listings are not current either. Somebody is not monitoring this information.

Same thing happened when the gates changed in AUS a few years a go the web team isn't the same team who assigns the gates so until someone informs them they don’t know.

once I sent Southwest a message about AUS gates back then it was fixed within a week. 

denno
Adventurer B

Okay, here's the bottom line of the response that just arrived: "Rest assured, I have documented your feedback for our Senior Leaders via our monthly summary."  (See "Raiders of the Lost Ark," final scene as the crated ark is being wheeled into the recesses of the cavernous warehouse: "Top men are working on this project, Indy!")  Oh well, time will tell.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

They are on the move again and seem to be using the last batch of gates today including M38, 39, 40, and....32.

I was out visiting the airport but not flying this weekend and noticed a big blue bird sitting at the far end (M40) and thought i would check in on the gates.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.