Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

One of the reasons I choose SW

dwaynec74
Explorer A

I missed a flight last Saturday. I was stressing on how to handle it. I went to the app to make changes but stopped when I saw it would cost me over $200 to get on the next flight. I was panicking about the cost! Fortunately, I waited 'til I reached the check-in counter! The counter agent was able to change me to standby on the next flight ....... FREE FREE FREE FREE! (turbotax ad)! She truly put me at ease! THANK YOU!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: One of the reasons I choose SW

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@dwaynec74 wrote:

I missed a flight last Saturday. I was stressing on how to handle it. I went to the app to make changes but stopped when I saw it would cost me over $200 to get on the next flight. I was panicking about the cost! Fortunately, I waited 'til I reached the check-in counter! The counter agent was able to change me to standby on the next flight ....... FREE FREE FREE FREE! (turbotax ad)! She truly put me at ease! THANK YOU!

There is an unofficial "flat tire rule" you can search the internet for more details, but the airline will try to still get you where you need to go as long as you keep going to the airport and show up ready to fly, within a reasonable time.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: One of the reasons I choose SW

dwaynec74
Explorer A

Thanks for giving me the name for my blessing, Dave. I'm glad it worked out and at no charge.