Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Online / app check-in web service down?

pizzapizzaparty
Explorer C

Mobile webMobile web

App - androidApp - android

I'm trying to check in, and am within the 24-hr check-in window.  I'm assuming from the non-descriptive error messages that I receive when I enter my info and click 'Submit' that either there is something wrong with my individual reservation, or the whole online check-in web service is down. Can you let me know which it is?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Online / app check-in web service down?

pizzapizzaparty
Explorer C

Answered my own question- called customer service. To anyone checking this forum on Wednesday morning, 1/22/2020 - the entire check-in system is down, my representative said to try online again in about 60-90 minutes but she had no real ETA.

rebkoo
Explorer C

Thank you. Facing the same problem; I tried to call the CR number and the call keeps failing. thanks for figuring this out. 

jksobonya
Aviator A

Thank you for letting us know! I heard from some others that they were having check-in issues as well.

--Jessica

jksobonya
Aviator A
Solution

Here is the latest from Southwest on Twitter (as of an hour ago), they have been responding to users directly so you have to look at the replies:

Good morning! It has been reported that there are error messages when Passengers are checking in on http://Southwest.com. Technology is aware of the issue, and is working on a fix as we speak! Thanks for hanging in there with us. -Allison

https://twitter.com/SouthwestAir/status/1219978107915866117?s=20

If you are having trouble checking in, you can contact them via Direct Message and they can help you check in.

This may have been resolved as of now as I haven't seen any new replies regarding check in in the past 30 minutes or so.

Thanks!

--Jessica