Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Over 120 minute hold times and website error messages says ERRORS must call to change flights!!

TFehringer
Explorer C

Three days and still waiting... received a schedule change email three days ago for our Christmas flights. SWA rebooked us on a flight that now makes TWO stops and eight hours travel time. Tried to go online to change to another flight and we get constant error messages telling us we can't make changes online and we need to call. Tried two different web browsers and three different devices to get access online and change. No success. So not only do you have call center customer services issues, you now have system issues overloading your customer service lines!!! I am sympathetic to the industry hardships and recent layoffs, but something needs to be fixed to help the customers who still want to support your company. I have now been on hold for over 2 hours and 27 mins for the second time since last night and finally got an agent who was wonderful. SWA, you need to fix your systems.  

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Over 120 minute hold times and website error messages says ERRORS must call to change flights!!

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

As this is a customer to customer forum you should direct comments about service directly to Southwest.  As multiple other comments in this Community suggest, sending a private message via social media, Twitter or Facebook might work to complete your changes instead of waiting on hold.

Contact Customer Relations 

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Over 120 minute hold times and website error messages says ERRORS must call to change flights!!

bec102896
Aviator A

I would try reaching out to Southwest on Facebook or Twitter and they should be able to assist in getting you rebooked. 

-Blake

Purpleflowers
Explorer C

I am having the exact same issue!!!!!! Omg! I’ve called six times.... 2 hour wait, 110 minute wait.... 98 minute wait. 

they changed my flight and have me on a flight home from a city I am not even flying to! And they won’t let me fix it online. 

Unreal.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Other than contacting Southwest via some method other than the phone, i t might be worthwhile to check availability and pricing for a new ticket.

If there's something good, perhaps it would be easier to cancel and then use the travel funds to buy a new ticket.

I did that once.

rpoplin
Adventurer C

Yesterday I received notice my flight was changed and I called. Wait time was 92 minutes. It gave me 2 options. 1. Request a call back or 2. Hold. I selected option 3 which is my preferred method, contact them in Twitter. Within a few minutes they rebooked my flight and I was happy. 

use Twitter as mush as possible. I stopped calling, even with A-List I’ve found the wait times to be atrocious. 

jksobonya
Aviator A

I never call, I contact Southwest on social media (Twitter Direct Messages for me) whenever I have a booking problem or question about my flights. They normally get back to me within minutes but when I contacted them a few days ago it was closer to 45 minutes. Still, it was great service considering how slammed I am sure they are.

--Jessica