Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: PRE BOARD NONSENSE

sixstringsent
New Arrival

Ever consider that there are disabilities that aren't physical in nature? Hmm. Arrogant, much?

sixstringsent
New Arrival

Tell you what, I HOPE that you say something when I request a pre-board. You can be pissy about those who take advantage of the system all you like, but it doesn't change that there are some of us (and most of those who preboard fall into this category) who genuinely need a preboard. That's not a Southwest policy, it's federal law. You sound like a super snotty person, so inconvenienced by preboarders that you have to be a Karen and say something. It's sad, really. You're EXACTLY the type of traveler that most people hate to have to interact with, just walking around like you're owed a red carpet because you spent x number of dollars. So yeah...PLEASE say something to those asking for a preboard, so that you can ruin their day and humiliate them. Sad. 

SWFlyer007
Rising Star

I've used preboard after I had surgery on a broken wrist and my jaw wired shut.  I didn't ask for it, but the nice lady who I checked my bags in with suggested I present it to the lady at the counter where you board.  I'm still conflicted by the fact I did ask, and received a preboard, but that's now water under the bridge.  But here is the point, maybe some of them are getting preboard by the suggestion of somebody else as I did.  I agree all disabilities are physical, and I've come around to bite my lip and try not to even see who is preboarding.  I'm A-List, I get a seat in the first 10 rows 95% of the time, it's all good.  Honestly, I just think the spike in disgruntled passengers on this forum is due to the pandemic, in terms of just being isolated, cooped up, and loss of the normal everyday things we were used to doing.  As things progress back to normal, less need for, "I want my alcohol, Why aren't people wearing masks, why aren't FA enforcing, as so on.  We can just go back to the petty stuff about how a flight was delayed, a notice of change of flight time, only a few mean FA who got snotty,.......it's coming folks, just be patient. 

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

Hi everyone. This thread has gotten heated, and I want to take a moment and encourage everyone to refresh themselves on our Community User Guidelines. We want all Members to feel comfortable sharing thoughts and ideas here, and we ask that you follow the Golden Rule and treat other Community Members the way you would like to be treated. Keep your tone positive and your comments constructive.Thank you.

Nicole
Community Manager