Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Payments on a flight?

polly00
Explorer C

I have a family of 4 and a flight for us would come out about $1500. Aside from credit cards, what would be the best way to make payments? I’m looking for the best option to we’re I can make monthly payments if possible. Normally I wouldn’t do this out my wife hasn’t seen her family in years and my grandmother recently passed. I don’t want my wife’s family to miss out the opportunity on seeing her again and meeting our 2nd born. Any options would help and thank you all again

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Payments on a flight?

dfwskier
Aviator A

I think there are only two ways to pay over time:

1) Use a credit card to pay for the flight and then make monthly payments to your credit card issuer.

2) Use SW Uplift - 

https://www.southwest.com/book-now-pay-later/

Uplift is essentially a loan. Thus it probably requires a credit check and a hard hit at the credit reporting agencies which would lower your FICO score.

Using your credit card is essentially a loan, too -- from your bank, but since it is an existing account would not cause a FICO hit.

nice05
Explorer C

hello I have a question. If you have low credit do you know of other options for a payment plan? if you were denied by uplift? thanks

dfwskier
Aviator A

If uplift turned you down, I believe the only other options would be your credit card, or a cash advance from your bank overdraft account.

nice05
Explorer C

okay thank you

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

travel fund?