Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Pelican 1615TRVL Air Case for CheckedIn

jwhite20205
New Arrival

Hello. I will be traveling soon and I was gifted a Pelican 1615TRVL Air rolling case. I would like to use this as my only checked in luggage. The exterior measurements on the Pelican website states are: 32.6 × 18.4 × 11.0"

I realize this is literally the maximum size of 62 total inches! I'm worried I'll have to pay an overage fee when checking in. Any advice?

https://www.pelican.com/us/en/product/cases/travel-case/air/1615trvl

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Pelican 1615TRVL Air Case for CheckedIn

TheMiddleSeat
Top Contributor

Why would you pay for oversize when your bag meets the requirements for standard checked baggage? 

It's also extremely unlikely an agent would question a bag's size unless it was drastically over the size limit. 

--TheMiddleSeat

jwhite20205
New Arrival

Thank you for your help

DancingDavidE
Top Contributor
Solution

@jwhite20205 wrote:

Hello. I will be traveling soon and I was gifted a Pelican 1615TRVL Air rolling case. I would like to use this as my only checked in luggage. The exterior measurements on the Pelican website states are: 32.6 × 18.4 × 11.0"

I realize this is literally the maximum size of 62 total inches! I'm worried I'll have to pay an overage fee when checking in. Any advice?

https://www.pelican.com/us/en/product/cases/travel-case/air/1615trvl

Print this out and have the dimensions handy, or laminate and tape it right to the case.

I don't think you'll have any problem, they would only be checking weight very closely, anything else that is of a reasonable size will pass right through, I've never seen them actually measure anything that wasn't obviously way over.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

jwhite20205
New Arrival

Thanks so much for the help and great idea on the printout! This helps me feel so much better!