Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Phishing Southwest Promo Airpods

Dreamer1210
Explorer C

Has anyone else received an e-mail that looks like it's from Southwest  but it's actually trytechratedgadgets.com, selling ear pods as a promo?   I actually ordered (my mistake) I received the air pods and was charged 7.95 but a week later charged 29.99.   I called the company and they said that they have a recurring charge for 29.99 a month appearing on my statement as "thebestqualityhightech" .  If I had not called this company would have continued to charge me at 29.99 per month and stated they would send some something every month.  Of course they would not reverse the 29.99 because they said it was too late, but I cancelled the subscription.   I was charged June 3 on my credit card and I would have had to cancel by May 31st to have prevented this.   Just a heads up in case anyone else sees it. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Phishing Southwest Promo Airpods

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

We're so sorry to hear you were targeted by a scammer. The email offer you're referring to is not associated with Southwest Airlines. Would you be able to provide a screen shot so we can report it to the appropriate Teams?

Thank you,

Nicole
Community Manager

golfchick39
Explorer C

This also happened to me! I cancelled my credit card a couple minutes later when I realized it was a phishing scam.  The credit card company is investigating as well.

golfchick39_1-1666625499638.png

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@golfchick39 The sender's email address is an easy to see red flag on that one.

--TheMiddleSeat

invincible123
Explorer C

Reporting to Southwest is great, but you should also dispute the 29.95 with your credit card company as an extra non authorized charge. The credit card company will review, then reverse the payment to the phishing co and reverse the charge on your account. Good luck!

Jo8
Explorer C

Hello, what they are doing is called wire fraud and is illegal. It's a phishing scam online to get your credit or bank account info. Call them back and tell them that they have to refund your money.  This just happened to me today 6-12-2022 I called the gaget customer service and told them that. they immediately canceled the withdrawal and sent an email saying it has been voided. I got an email saying it was from kohl's department store to take a survey on 6-6-22 and I could choose from many different gifts earpods being one of them just pay the shipping fee. Which I did.. now there is a pending withdrawal for $63.17. the fine print and all the other stuff is void from the gadget company because theyre not representing the company they say they are. Southwest should look into this as well. You can also contact your state representative or governor office. They will look into it. Good luck