Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Pledge clean it aerosol spray allowance or not?

vzh10
Explorer C

Hi,

Will an aluminum cleaning aerosol spray  container be allowed on the plane if it is checked in? 

Thanks.

-V

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Pledge clean it aerosol spray allowance or not?

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

TSA rules apply here. Those rules basically say that small aerosol cans may be carried on the plane and bigger aerosol cans may be in checked luggage.

Here's what TSa says about the matter:

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/whatcanibring/items/deodorant-aerosol

vzh10
Explorer C

Thank you. I looked into this and saw it spoke to hygiene type aerosol not cleaning solution based one. 

Passenger1C
Aviator C

Travel size Clorox wipes are what I travel with. The wipes even fit in my carry on and don’t take up much room. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@Passenger1C wrote:

Travel size Clorox wipes are what I travel with. The wipes even fit in my carry on and don’t take up much room. 

I think some carriers have asked that passengers not use bleach-based wipes (like Clorox) because they can damage seat coverings and other surfaces. I do know that Southwest flight attendants will hand out wipes upon request (that presumably are safe for airplane surfaces).

dfwskier
Aviator A

@chgoflyer wrote:

@Passenger1C wrote:

I think some carriers have asked that passengers not use bleach-based wipes (like Clorox) because they can damage seat coverings and other surfaces. I do know that Southwest flight attendants will hand out wipes upon request (that presumably are safe for airplane surfaces).

I flew United a few weeks go. Upon boarding, every passenger was offered a pre packaged wipe. Plenty of liquid in the package with the wipe meant there was more than enough capability to wipe down at least two seats.

vzh10
Explorer C

Thank you.

I flew back and used disinfectant wipes on the seat, arm rest, and tray. The Southwest attendants were happy to dispose of the wipes after use. Everything was (what I considered) to be handle well. The attendants had gloves and mask while on the plane. 

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

I like Pledge too.  But found there are similar, and maybe even better, cleaners that come in small containers non-arousal.  Consider these as well. 

vzh10
Explorer C

Thank you. I have a few that are non-aerosol as

well. .