Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Pre Board Chaos

Timelady
Explorer C

Pre board and family boarding is getting out of control. On a FLL-PHX flight today and there were 22 pre boards and 23family. Even having high B not much left. Isn’t there another way?

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Pre Board Chaos

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You can provide any suggestions you may have to Southwest. Use the contact us link at the bottom of this page and send a message. 

--TheMiddleSeat

PettyIntrigues
Adventurer A

I gotta be honest with you, even if pre-board had been half of that, and there wasn’t a separate family boarding, with a high B now you likely would’ve been in the Cs somewhere. 

I am on these birds a few times a week, and I have learned that no desired seat is ever guaranteed. I’m A16 pretty much every single time and that’s still often the case.

Your best bet to get a seat (or any type of seat I should say) you desire is to pony for Business Select or even Early Bird. Failing that, there are a lot of other airlines with assigned seating.

(All that said, I’m apt to agree with you and all these threads—it does seem like preboard gets taken advantage of with some minor regularity. It doesn’t bother me personally though as I prefer the exit rows and they can’t sit there, so I usually have few problems grabbing one of those seats.)

floridaguy
Aviator C

To be candid, preboarding has been discussed so many times that a song had developed to describe the experience.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@floridaguy you saying "blah blah blah" is not a song, and even if it was no one cares. 

--TheMiddleSeat

floridaguy
Aviator C

Lots of people love my posts.

The song has caught on.  I heard it on the plane when going from MCO to PIT.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@floridaguy verification that you live in fantasy land. Please try to be useful and helpful. You continue to fail at that.

--TheMiddleSeat

floridaguy
Aviator C

People like the little song.  It helps them in their day.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

People like the little song.  It helps them in their day.

Yes, some people like clowns. I do not. I do not appreciate them wasting everyone's time. 

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@PettyIntrigues wrote:

I gotta be honest with you, even if pre-board had been half of that, and there wasn’t a separate family boarding, with a high B now you likely would’ve been in the Cs somewhere. 

I am on these birds a few times a week, and I have learned that no desired seat is ever guaranteed. I’m A16 pretty much every single time and that’s still often the case.

Your best bet to get a seat (or any type of seat I should say) you desire is to pony for Business Select or even Early Bird. Failing that, there are a lot of other airlines with assigned seating.

(All that said, I’m apt to agree with you and all these threads—it does seem like preboard gets taken advantage of with some minor regularity. It doesn’t bother me personally though as I prefer the exit rows and they can’t sit there, so I usually have few problems grabbing one of those seats.)

EBCI is probably not going to solve it as described, that may often be behind the families.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.