Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Pre-Boarding Abuse bad for All

STL243
Explorer C

The abuse is ridiculous!  I purchased my last business class sear today. I’ll pay the lower price and still get a mid A boarding position. I have spent 25K in the last 6 months to be able to sit in the first two rows.

tpegan
Explorer A

On another thread about this pre-boarding policy the Southwest representative replied that they don't ask about your medical need to pre-board.  You could be an Olympic athlete and say you have a medical need to pre-board and it would be honored.

wagongang
Explorer C

I am so glad you are a doctor, mind reader and expert on disabilities. You can magically look at a person and assess their health. What you are really saying and all others that complain is your comfort is more important than someones elses pain and suffering.What does a person with chronic bursitis look like ?

Hint Fly first class on another airline.

Bond007
Adventurer C

I just got on another flight with 30 preboards and 4 of them Saving more seats for others.  If you are angry that customers who follow SW policies are getting extremely frustrated that the boarding policies abuse honest people, it would be great for you to direct your anger to those that are abusing the policy that you apparently need.  Thatnis not me .

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Preboarders are following Southwest policy. As are seat savers.

Perhaps you'd be better off flying another carrier, whose policies don't upset you so much?

Bond007
Adventurer C

The policies are the reason for the posts.  The purpose is to do whatever is possible to call attention to the disconnect between the SW. Business model of using seat selection as their primary reward for frequent travelers, while continuing policies that completely disrupt that.  

Bond007
Adventurer C

In addition, only the preboard era who meet the criteria set by SW are following SW policies.  The many preboard era who don’t meet the criteria of a disabilityare not.  They are instead abusing a policy others need . 

Bond007
Adventurer C
>In addition, only the preboarders who meet the criteria set by SW are following SW policies. The many preboarders who don’t meet the criteria of a disability are not. They are instead abusing a policy others need and SW will at some point hopefully create a better solution

Bond007
Adventurer C

>In addition, only the preboarders who meet the criteria set by SW are following SW policies. The many preboarders who don’t meet the criteria of a disability are not. They are instead abusing a policy others need and SW will at some point hopefully create a better solution

Bond007
Adventurer C

What we are really saying is the policies w

shouild be fair to all and should be enforced for all .