Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Pre-Boarding

lindam
Explorer C

There were 20 people (yes 20) pre-boarding on my flight from Denver to Tampa today and I'm so disgusted that Southwest doesn't have a solution to this.  All but 3 of the 20 were able bodied people walking onto the airplane.  I totally get that people in wheelchairs need to pre-board but would love to see Southwest fix this.  There HAS to be a solution.  Perhaps limit the number of pre-boarders and make them take other flights once the limits are reached!!  That might discourage all the dishonest, people who lack integrity and feel entitled,

tappingmom1
Frequent Flyer B

Per lindam:

"All but 3 of the 20 were able bodied people walking onto the airplane."

How do you know this?

That's right...you don't.

There are all sorts of reasons that may require pre-boarding...accessibility to a restroom, impaired sight, pain, anxiety, a broken arm, etc.  Just because a person is not in a wheelchair doesn't mean that they don't have a disability.

Quite honestly, it's none of your business.  Be lucky you don't have such a disability.

DisabledALister
Explorer B

Please consider clicking my name and reading my two recent responses.  

Please reconsider judging me (or others like me) in the future.  

I assure you, I do not want to preboard.  

But even more than that, I dont want the judgemental glares.  A glance, or even a curious stare, that's ok.  It's understandable.  

If you want to kindly strike a conversation, Ill probably tell you why I need to preboard.

Frankly.  This is partly why Im bringing my own wheelchair.  I hope my miraculous ability to stand on my own two feet for a few minutes doesnt offend you too much.

If it does, I will gladly trade you bodies for a few weeks, no matter the condition.  I assure you, despite my looks, it's a winning proposition for me.

Kind regards,

DisabledALister

Chappy563
Explorer C

Thank you for being an inconsiderate judgmental person. I have plasma cell leukemia. There is no cure. I take a very strong chemo that gives uncontrollable diharea. I look perfectly fine. I don’t need a wheel chair, just a spot close to the restroom. I really wish you were sitting next to me on a flight where i had a window seat. I imagine that would set you off also, having to get up 4 or 5 times a flight. In your own selfish mind, I imagine you think I should not travel. I hope to god you never have to have anything like this, but you know, karma is a bitch.

jksobonya
Aviator A

Southwest's pre-boarding process isn't something that affects me at the end of the day. I don't care if I am in the front of the plane or the back - I do try to get a seat right on the wing when I can 😉 Typically, that is around row 10, and I have always been able to get a window or aisle seat if I am in the A or early to mid B group. 

--Jessica

rmiller958
Explorer C

Preboarders should board after A group — problem solved

dfwskier
Aviator A

@rmiller958 wrote:

Preboarders should board after A group — problem solved

Actually problem created. There is a reason they are called pre boarders and not pre B group boarders - federal law.