Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Pre-boarding is getting out of control

Lumberdog
Explorer B

It sucks for sure.  But, when you are the person that needs preboarding, or the helper, you really see how much it sucks.  Flying with special needs is itself, very stressful.  I know it increases stress for everyone, but when I was the "helper" - getting someone situated in a seat just took a lot more effort, to make sure the things they needed were in the right place.  

I'm not saying you should change your tune, as your observation and complaint are in fact worthwhile, yet, giving them some time to get situated usually helps things in the bigget picture, and, the helpers are usually taking the center rows to be in the right place, so its not all doom and gloom.

John1158
Explorer B

Its amazing to see all of the miracles once you land. Need a wheelchair to get on but can walk without assistance upon landing. This process discriminates against those without disabilities or those that don't want to reveal that they have one. 

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

@John1158 I see people get up and walk off the plane, but they usually get in a wheelchair once they are through the cabin door. They also walk onto the plane. Most people in wheelchairs at the airport can walk, but they can't walk long distances. I suspect that they are gone by the time you get off the plane, and you assume that they walked up the jet bridge.