Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Pre boarding rules

socajones
Explorer C

Hello, I have flew with Southwest before to visit my dad in Las Vegas. The last tine I have flew, my grandmother set up the pre boarding for me. I am a person with albinisum who has low vision. I purchased my ticket on the Southwest Mobile App, and did not enter any kind of disability info. Once I did some research, I found out that I am suppose to ether that information while booking a ticket. However once I've read some of the response posts on here, I'm coming to the conclusion that all I have to do is go up to the gate desk an talk with them. I just wanted to know what I have have to do to have pre boarding on my ticket.

Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Pre boarding rules

Mstevens0716
Explorer A
Solution

Hello @socajones !

Asking for the preboarding service is really simple and easy! There are two ways at which you can attain PRBD. First is at first check in when you first get to the airport at our full service ticket counter. The second method would be after you reach the gate you can talk to one of our CSA's at the gate desk and they will be more than happy to assist you on giving you the service you need!

Stationed @ The DAL-LUV Airport!

socajones
Explorer C

Would there be any possibility that I can have this permanently on my Southwest account?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@socajones wrote:

Would there be any possibility that I can have this permanently on my Southwest account?

You can now enter some information when you book each ticket with the new website upgrades.

I don't believe it can be pulled from your user profile - part of the reasoning being that some people have long-term needs and others have short-term, so the airlines would ask for this each time to confirm the status is still in effect.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

socajones
Explorer C

So just to check one last time, my flight leaves in the morning. All I had to do is go up to the gate desk, let them know I have a disability with low vision, and they will help me out with pre boarding?

chgoflyer
Aviator A

The two questions the gate agent will ask are 1) do you have a disability that requires a need for a specific seat, and 2) do you need assistance boarding the plane. If the answer is yes, you will be given a pre-boarding pass. 

Southwest also allows those who have a disability and "need extra time" boarding to board between the A and B groups.

socajones
Explorer C

Thank you so much! Everyone have been such a help!

franktravel
Aviator B

You can still add a disability to your ticket by clicking here https://swa.is/2HvG3Pf 

Or call on the phone 1-800-435-9792

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

You should request preboarding at the ticket desk when you arrive at the airport. They'll ask you a few questions about what your needs are.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.