Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Preboard

GregoryAllen
Explorer C

I am AList, spend a lot of money on this card to get this status and stand there in disbelief as most of the time 10-15 people pre-board and most have no trouble boarding, no wheelchairs etc. It is ridiculous the amount of people who claim pre- board status. Physically disabilities aside it is much more prevalent in this airline than others. Today out of St. Louis people with water bottles and workout clothes are pre- boarding. And it is a sham in most cases, all comments about anxiety, dogs, etc. aside. 

Re: Preboard

dfwskier
Aviator A

@GregoryAllen wrote:

I am AList, spend a lot of money on this card to get this status and stand there in disbelief as most of the time 10-15 people pre-board and most have no trouble boarding, no wheelchairs etc. It is ridiculous the amount of people who claim pre- board status. Physically disabilities aside it is much more prevalent in this airline than others. Today out of St. Louis people with water bottles and workout clothes are pre- boarding. And it is a sham in most cases, all comments about anxiety, dogs, etc. aside. 

Apparently you do not understand that  Southwest is merely complying with federal law. By law:

!) Southwest CANNOT ask anyone why he/she needs to pre board

2) Southwest MUST allow anyone who claims  a need to pre board to do so.

Now I don't pre board, but I do have sciatica. By my disability, I would be allowed to pre board.

I don't need a wheel chair. Sometimes my condition causes me a whole lot of problems. Other times it does not. Lots of people with various disabilities do not need a wheel chair.

If you don't like the law, contact your members of congress and tell them you want to see it changed. Until that happens Southwest IS REQUIRED to follow federal law