Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Preboarding Scammers

Froggy812
Explorer C

I fly frequently and on a flight tonight there was a group of 5 woman who were together and not one of them was disabled and they boarded first. I travel mostly business class and  the first window seat that was available was row 5 and I boarded A4 tell me how that is fair. There was numerous other preboarders that were very questionable.

dfwskier
Aviator A

As has been said many times, disabled people don't always appear disabled.

In my case, I have sciatica. I can be absolutely fine getting on a plane, and in absolute agony getting off (or not depending on the day).

Dkasp
Adventurer C

Everybody has something.

Aztraveler
Explorer B

I agree. southwest policy states 1 "aide" may accompany a speical needs passenger. By following that it would have cut down the preboarding on my last flight from 22 to about 6!! 

Us Business select passnegers are getting tired of Southwest talking the talk but NOT walking the walk. And don't get me started on carry on bags!! 

Lmkel68
Adventurer C

I remember being in MN for a celebration and I attended many parties while there.  You can imagine the look on my face when I saw a lady that I had seen a number of times through out the week long celebration, in a wheel chair when it was time to board the plane to leave.  They even had the nerve to cause a raucous....It happens

Aztraveler
Explorer B

I recently heard a passenger say that he bought a collapsable cane for $20.00 and keeps it in his carry on bag specifically for southwest preboarding. He even bragged that he had never used the cane but the $20.00 investment has allowed him to preboard without buying business select fares!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Aztraveler wrote:

I recently heard a passenger say that he bought a collapsable cane for $20.00 and keeps it in his carry on bag specifically for southwest preboarding. He even bragged that he had never used the cane but the $20.00 investment has allowed him to preboard without buying business select fares!

That's just a whole different level to brag about it openly, what a miserable person.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

buzzchris
Adventurer B

My neighbor has been scamming for a couple of years now. She just did it again last week. She also has a cane that collapses and sometimes uses a knee brace (on the outside on her clothing). She is very phsically capable. Last week, she pre boarded with her husband (who "helped" her boarding). Then her two sons accompanied her as well.  She laughs about it and even will post it on Facebook. She just wants the first few rows, overhead bin space, and her family sitting together.  Now, her sons do it.   

floridaguy
Aviator C

I think Southwest's pre boarding policy is very nice.  It gives people the ability to select a seat that they will enjoy for the flight.

Many people have medical conditions so quit complaining.

buzzchris
Adventurer B

My neighbor has been doing this for years. She is not disabled,. She is an avid hiker.  She has a cane that collapses, then pre-boards with her two adult sons. She laughs about it and even has posted it on FB. Then last week, her son who boards with her, grabs an emerg row seat after passengers start boarding and saves it for his brother.  She says it is really simple. She says the FAs don't have a clue or don't care.  Not too long ago,  I saw five adult family members board with "grandma" in a wheelchair who preboarded. Five to assist? Why is that allowed?   ...and this is not the first time I have witnessed this.