Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Printing my boarding pass at the airport

stvd1
Explorer C

I have early bird check in for my return flight  but I am not sure how to get my boarding pass printed at the airport, do I just enter flight information and my name in the kiosk to obtain the boarding pass ? I don't have a smart phone so it needs to be done at the airport.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Printing my boarding pass at the airport

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

@stvd1 

There are 3 ways (that I know of) for you to get your boarding pass at the airport

1. Go to a self service kiosk where you would enter your confirmation number, rapid rewards number, or your drivers license it would then let you print your boarding passes

2. You could go to the full service line and show your ID and they can print it for you along with checking any bags

3. You can see a skycap agent (where avalible) if your being dropped off and its usually pretty quick. 

Personally I like the self service kiosk as it is quick and easy.

Hope this helps

Blake 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

@stvd1 

There are 3 ways (that I know of) for you to get your boarding pass at the airport

1. Go to a self service kiosk where you would enter your confirmation number, rapid rewards number, or your drivers license it would then let you print your boarding passes

2. You could go to the full service line and show your ID and they can print it for you along with checking any bags

3. You can see a skycap agent (where avalible) if your being dropped off and its usually pretty quick. 

After all of these flights in the past several years, I still have yet to use the new self-service tag and drops - I'm always either using curbside or head on in for full-service for whatever reason. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

bec102896
Aviator A

@DancingDavidE wrote:

@bec102896 wrote:

@stvd1 

After all of these flights in the past several years, I still have yet to use the new self-service tag and drops - I'm always either using curbside or head on in for full-service for whatever reason. 

I like the full service because I like the human interaction and that way I don't mess up the baggage tag 😂. If I just need the boarding pass then the kiosk is great if the mobile pass is not available for some reason. 

Jwalsh3rd
Adventurer A

One thing that I have found good to do is to check in on line or by phone close to 24 hours before departure.  It  is not necessary to print the boarding pass, but it gives the traveler a chance to check on the status and let's the airline know you are still good to go.  

Traveler Tip: When you do not have Early Boarding it is especially important to check in by phone or on line as soon as the 24 hour period begins so that your boarding pass is issued at the lowest number possible.  You do not have to print it when you check-in but it puts you in the queue.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

If you have a convenient way to write down the six-character confirmation number I feel like that is the most direct route to call up your boarding pass.

The scanners may also read your credit card, ID, or passport to confirm identity and bring up your boarding pass.

If you check luggage curbside they will look at your ID and call up your reservation by name before printing the passes. (I love curbside!)

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

@bec102896 @DancingDavidE I used self-tagging for the first time last year and thought it was great. I, too, had a fear of messing it up, but it's pretty fool-proof. 10 out of 10 would recommend.