Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Highlighted

Priority Boarding extended to all on same reservations

New Arrival

Southwest - if you wish to reward your most loyal customers with the priority boarding perk that you just extended to all persons on the same reservation with the A List or A List Preferred member - you should have extended it to include those who persons who travel with the A List or A List Preferred member on a Companion Pass.  After all, who is more loyal than a customer who earns both A List Preferred status and a Companion Pass?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: Priority Boarding extended to all on same reservations

Rising Star

@mjennen here is the link with information on how to send feedback directly to Southwest.  Providing because the audience here in the forums is primarily other customers like us:

https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Submitting-a-Suggestion-and-or-Complaint/ta-...

Customer | Home airport DCA
Highlighted

New Arrival

My purpose of posting here is to make more customers aware that this new benefit from Southwest excludes Companion Pass holders.

Highlighted

Rising Star

Fair enough, it looks like you also found the other thread!

Customer | Home airport DCA
Highlighted

Top Contributor

Since many Companion Pass holders earn CP without ever flying I would hardly consider them super loyal based solely on them having CP. Providing perks to flyers who actually fly (A-List and A-List Preferred) is the way to go.

--TheMiddleSeat

Highlighted

New Arrival

It’s the combination of A List Preferred and Companion Pass I used to measure loyalty.

Highlighted

Top Contributor

So the airline providing you with the unlimited opportunity to take a companion with you at no cost isn't showing you enough loyalty ?

Last time I checked, no other airline is proving such a generous benefit.

Highlighted

New Arrival

TheMiddleSeat. I'm trying to figure the logic in your statement.  To qualify for A-List and A-List Preferred, one must earn tier points. Tier points can only be earned by mainly flying or getting awarded 1500 tier points for every $10,000.00 credit card use. But only up to $100,000.00. So 15,000 tier points would be the maximum one could receive in a year. Even then, for A-list. One would need to earn another 20,000 tier points by flying. And 55,000 for A-List Preferred.  Companion Pass does not require tier points. Making it much easier to earn without flying. So only A-List and A-List Preferred get to have someone board with them at the same time. Not someone who just holds a Companion Pass. So why not offer same time boarding for Companion Pass/ A-List or A-List Preferred members??? At the very least, let me pay the same amount as Early Bird Check-In to have my companion board at the same time.

Highlighted

Top Contributor

@dauxier 

Now I'm confused too. I agree with everything you say up until your last two sentences. Perhaps we are saying the same thing? 

Edit:up until your last two sentences 

My stance is that only A-List and A-List Preferred members should be able to bring additional people into the Priority boarding (A group) because that should be a perk offered only to people who actually fly a lot. As you demonstrated, getting A-List requires flying. Since earning a Companion Pass is not a good indication of how much you actually fly because it can be earned without ever getting on a plane, it should not considered for Priority Boarding.

There is a separate idea that was tested of having the Companion board with the Companion Pass holder. I'm in favor of that idea too, but it's possible neither of those people are A-List and they could both have B or C boarding positions. In that case they would just board at the best of the two positions.

Are you advocating for something different? 

--TheMiddleSeat