Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Problem retrieving a receipt for a previously purchased flight that I have not yet taken

Raysalazar
Explorer C

According with Southwest website:

https://www.southwest.com/html/generated/help/faqs/past_flight_receipt_faq.html

“...you will need to go to the Manage Reservations page and retrieve your flight information with your full name and confirmation number. Click on the Resend Receipt link to have your receipt sent to the email address given for that reservation.“

But:

Is hard to get to this link for regular people. The people hire to build this web page it's making things harder on purpose or are incompetent.

The link does not work properly on all browsers, and once I finally found the way to get the email, the system did not sent an invoice, only the original mail reservation with the amount paid in cero.

Base Fare
$     0.00
Excise Taxes
$     0.00
Total Air Cost
$     0.00         
Payment Information
Payment Type: Cash
Date: May 16, 2017
Payment Amount: $0.00 !!!! Smiley Frustrated

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Problem retrieving a receipt for a previously purchased flight that I have not yet taken

caskey
Explorer B

When I log into my RR account, I click on "My Account" in the top-right, then in the "My Trips" section (the second), click on "Past Trips".  At the bottom of each of the displayed trips is a link labeled "Receipt", that leads you to a printable page with the fares, fees and total.

Re: Problem retrieving a receipt for a previously purchased flight that I have not yet taken

PRINCIPATOP
Explorer C

The Southwest response to this serious issue has been lacking. The receipt referred to is not detailed enough for most companies. We need our receipts (in detail) to build our expense reports. I am going to end up paying finance charges on my corporate card over the difficulty in getting this information.

AdamH
Retired Community Manager

Hi there,

I encourage you to give us a call at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA. An Agent will be able to resend your original booking itinerary e-mail, which includes an amount charged and payment method.

-Adam