Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Promotional Companion Pass Question

urushi
Explorer C
Hello - I’m registered for the promotional companion pass offered by SWA. My question is, if I book a flight within the promotion period but I need to alter the dates (I don’t know the exact dates of travel yet but know I will be traveling in October), will this void the promotion? Or will it have no effect so long as I complete a flight within this timeframe that was originally bought 6-8 Sept? Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Promotional Companion Pass Question

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

The last time this promotion happened changes could be made as long as the original purchase happened before the deadline and the flights completed within the stated time period.

--TheMiddleSeat

klobb
Explorer C

I'm sorry to ask an obvious question, but I just want to be clear..

I registered and then booked a trip from 11/12-11/15. I want to change my flight from an early morning flight on 11/12 to a later night flight on 11/11. This should not disqualify me from the promotion correct?

I appreciate the answer in advance. I used this promotion last year but did not make any changes. I never received the confirmation email "around 10 days later" after I completed my qualifying flights and the best customer service could tell me was "as long as you followed the promo rules you'll get the companion pass in January" so I don't anticipate much clarification if I called in to customer service about this issue.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@klobb As stated, historical data says that will be fine, but no one here can guarantee anything.

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Aviator A

Last year they did the promotion then about a week or 2 later they did those schedule changes I made changes after that and still qualified. The terms will always say changes may eliminate from qualifying but that is usually towards moving the flight outside of the travel by date otherwise you should be good  if you complete travel by November 17th