Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Purchase Southwest Pet Carrier Before Flight

Harlemswiss
Explorer C

Greetings,

I hope someone can help me with my question. Can I purchase a Southwest Pet Carrier at the airport a day prior to my flight?

I have to fly with my small dog from Dallas for the first time and would like to get the carrier before my flight so I can get her used to being in it.  I do not have time to order from the Southwest Store as I am scheduled to fly Sunday morning. (today is Friday)

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Purchase Southwest Pet Carrier Before Flight

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Sure, if you are willing to go to the airport there's no reason you couldn't buy one at the check-in counter.  They won't require you to have a boarding pass to purchase one.

You could also purchase another carrier at a store as long as it meets the requirements listed on southwest.com:

• Other pet carriers with maximum dimensions of 18.5” long x 8.5” high x 13.5” wide.
  • Soft-sided and hard-sided carriers specifically designed as pet carriers are acceptable.
  • The carriers must be leak-proof and well ventilated.

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Purchase Southwest Pet Carrier Before Flight

Harlemswiss
Explorer C

Thank you for answering! I am going to head to the airport today and try to purchase without having a boarding pass and see how it goes.

I have been scouring this community for tips on pet carriers that are Southwest approved for a 20lb fur baby and decided to just go with the one they sell to be on the safe side.