Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Question about connection

teomina1
Explorer C

I have a flight with a connection time of 1hr 30mins booked all the way through with SW. It is an international flight so I will have to check in my bags again. It is connecting through Chicago does anyone know if this is enough time? Will it be smooth? I have early bird

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Question about connection

jksobonya
Aviator A

International? Where? Flights with connections normally get their bags checked through to the final destination. 

--Jessica

teomina1
Explorer C

well I know before covid when flying international and connecting in USA you would have to collect ur bags and drop it off so I am wondering now if my time connecting is too short.

dfwskier
Aviator A

It is going the other way due to having to clear customs.

but even then there is normally a bag recheck capability within the secure area

teomina1
Explorer C

can you explain for me? Would 1hr 30mins b enough to connect? I start my journey outside of the USA that is why I say international. Thanks much 

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

It really depends if you clear customs at your origin outside of the US. If you do then you should be good. If you have to go through customs on arrival at the connection then NO.

teomina1
Explorer C

Thanks so much this is helpful. I am wondering why then would SW sell as a valid flight? I unfortunately do not clear customs in my first leg it would b in the US.... This is interesting indeed 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

I disagree, that should be enough time to make the connection and that's why Southwest sells it.

--TheMiddleSeat

teomina1
Explorer C

OK thanks much. I may just contact them to get a direct response just to be on the safe side