Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Add boarding pass to Apple Wallet button does nothing

holgr
Explorer C

Apparently this is still an issue. Can't add it from the app or the mobile website (iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15.4). 

App behavior is like described in the first post (button does nothing). Website shows up with an error in Safari and Chrome ("The webpage at https://wallet-api.urbanairship.com/v1/pass/adaptive/XXXXXX might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.").

14 REPLIES 14

holgr
Explorer C

Now I have to reply to myself: it worked over cellular for some reason... 🤷‍♂️

wesley_weise
Explorer C

I’ve had the same experience the last five or six trips. I’ve deleted the app, redownloaded, log out, etc, and still can’t add the boarding pass to my wallet. I’m on an iPhone 12 and software 15.4.1 is ip to date.  Thanks for any insight to resolve this. 

wesley_weise
Explorer C

@MarkHursh  Any ideas Mark? Saw your earlier post helping another who had the same issue. 

MarkHursh
Employee
Employee

Howdy All and Happy Mother’s Day!

I had a chance to connect with our app engineering Coheart and she mentioned her team is actively investigating this issue.  Your reports have been instrumental in helping us get the right information to reproduce this issue.  Unfortunately, the problems appears to be happening sporadically.  I don’t yet have a fix date to share.  I will post as soon as I learn when we believe this may be resolved

My apologies for this issue.  Thank you so much for your support of Southwest.

With LUV,

Mark

corygiltner
Explorer C

Hello - I had the same issue on my iPhone. I tried to text the passes to my phone and the mobile pass was blocked on the browser. I am running a VPN and when I paused my VPN I was able to add the boarding pass to my wallet.

I am guessing the VPN is blocking the URL scheme to link to the wallet because once I paused the VPN it worked both texting and using the "add to wallet" button.

MarkHursh
Employee
Employee

Hi Customers!  Thank you for your patience on this issue.  I’ve been in touch with our app engineering Cohearts and they have identified the root cause.  Your reports were so helpful as this behavior was quite sporadic and difficult to reproduce.

We are targeting a fix in the July app update.  

Thank you again for your reports and for your support of Southwest.

With LUV,

Mark

m2kw6s
Explorer C

I believe this may be happening to users running pi-hole or similar ad blockers. I was having the same issue initially, but I was able to “add to Apple wallet” after disabling my pi-hole for a few seconds. 

Hannajs82
Explorer C

I turned off my VPN and it resolved the issue, thanks!

adenter2001
Explorer C

It was absolutely pi-hole for me.  did the disable and was able to add.  pi-hole interferes with hulu as well.  I need to remember this more often.