Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SFO to Denver May 25

maryjewelbrown
Explorer C

My flight from SFO to Denver was delayed 6.5 hours with no explanation. I was unable to obtain a customer service email after being hung up on, and received no compensation for the meal, cab ride, etc. costs that I will incur from the delay.

They may as well have cancelled the flight and put us on a new one tomorrow as we are now arriving in the middle of the night.

I have flights with Southwest this summer I plan to cancel based on this experience. I understand that maintenance issues happen, but this was handled SO poorly on flight 6513. Not sure why I would want a small voucher with an airline that has caused me hassle...

2 REPLIES 2

Re: SFO to Denver May 25

rtbarron
Frequent Flyer A

Sorry to hear about your delay. I know it's frustrating.

I don't know if this explains the entire 6 hour delay but, according to the FAA website, SFO is experiencing significant Air Traffic Control delays due to Weather and Low Ceilings. SFO is currently on a ground delay program which means that inbound flights are being held on the ground at the airports they're departing from.

Speaking from 20+ years experience in the airline industry (NOT at Southwest), delays happen at every airline and it's not always possible to predict the duration of the delay because the situation is fluid and can change from minute to minute.

I hope that you will give Southwest another chance despite this frustrating experience. To be honest, if the delay is due to Air Traffic Control, you'll almost certainly experience the same level of frustration on any other airline.

Re: SFO to Denver May 25

bec102896
Aviator A

Sorry to hear your flight is delayed 

to contact Southwest Airlines customer relations you can call 855-234-4654 or you can email them by clicking on the contact us link at the bottom of the southwest homepage. You could also send southwest a DM on twitter and they might be able to help faster but as @rtbarron said SFO has had some air traffic control delays which southwest has no control over and won't usually compensate for that unless there was a southwest caused delay as well such as a mechanical delay. 

hope this helps

Blake