Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SW App Issues on iPhone via Carrier Network (not on wifi) "Sorry, you appear to be offline"

tenderoni_tony
Explorer C

Is anyone else having issues with an iPhone accessing the app when on a carrier network, meaning, when not on WIFI, are you getting an error message that says: "Sorry, you appear to be offline. Please check your connection and try again."?  This is not inflight, it's any time trying to access the application on an iPhone when you are not on wifi. 

This persists for me no matter which carrier network I'm on, meaning, whether at the airport, at work, or at home. Reinstalled the SW app multiple times, opened app with Wifi then turned off wifi and reopened the app, got the error, also reinstalled the app and tried to open without wifi, got the error. The error itself makes no sense, I'm clearly NOT "offline". 

iPhone SE, up to date OS. 

IMG_2449.PNG

2 REPLIES 2

Re: SW App Issues on iPhone via Carrier Network (not on wifi) "Sorry, you appear to be offline&

SWDigits
Aviator A

You may want to get in touch directly with Southwest.  I'm another customer but active in the forums and I don't recall seeing a similar post.  Twitter seems to get the fastest response, the Southwest Twitter handle and other contact options are found in the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the forum pages.

Customer | Home airport DCA

Re: SW App Issues on iPhone via Carrier Network (not on wifi) "Sorry, you appear to be offline&

tenderoni_tony
Explorer C

Thanks, I've been in touch with them on Twitter.