Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SW cancelled my son's flight and rebooked w/o consent

Goaldigger46
Explorer C

My son was flying home for Christmas. His departure from FLL at 7:30p and arrive in AUS at 9:45p non-stop flight. SW kept sending a much of random delay text that made no sense and even changed his gate location to board. See SW Case #59664305) and Case #5966573. The weather in Texas was cold not icy, wet or snow. FLL flew to Houston at 7:30pm. At 10:40 pm Florida time they said flight cancelled and you have been rebook. Why did it show that his flight was in route. Noone doesn't want to be stranded,delayed or flight cancelled. Since 2020 SW has cancelled more flights than ever. I've called 55 times and held 1 to 4 hours just for the phone lines to hang up on me. How am I suppose to cancel my rebook if I didn't authorize SW to book. SW can't assume that I can travel on Dec 26. I did a one way using SW on 12/24/22 and booked a one-way on Jet Blue for 12/26/22 cause my son has to work on 12/27/22. I want a refund and a courtesy voucher myself and my son for the inconvenience and stress of not knowing why that flight to Austin Texas was cancelled , not seeing my only son for Christmas. If my son was flying to Denver, Chicago or NYC then of course bad weather but FL to Austin, Texas and it was a non-stop flight. I've called 55 times and held 1 to 4 hours just for the phone lines to hang up on me. How am I suppose to cancel my son's rebook if I can't get through or given SW permission to book another flight.  SW can't assume that my son can travel on Dec 26 by having a one way ticket. How does a SW passenger cancel after calling 55 times and being disconnected everytime. U can't do anything on the website. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: SW cancelled my son's flight and rebooked w/o consent

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

Sorry to hear this is happening to your son

If a Rapid Rewards member, after logging in our son can cancel the flight at Southwest.com. If not a member, your son can cancel at Southwest.com using the confirmation number.

Go to the website.

Click on flights

Click on change/cancel

and proceed

When bad weather events happen, NEVER try to reach ANY airline via phone. You are competing with thousands of other people for a limited number of phone lines. There  are non phone options that are MUCH BETTER

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Reservations/Advice-to-people-on-hold-with-Southwest-HANG-UP/td-p...

Goaldigger46
Explorer C

Thanks for your response. Being on hold for 3.5 hours and dosing off because there's total silence while holding that u forget. Well I forgot but at 3:30 am I hear a voice talking and it was SW rep. His flight was cancelled due to shortage of pilots  and the ones they had were stranded in cities that had bad weather. SW should have better communication with their staff at the airport on the really issue especially if to there were clear skies. 

I tried to make changes but it gave me an error message saying your flight is in progress u can't make changes. 

floridaguy
Aviator C

You have legitimate complaints.  Southwest needs to do better, much better.