Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Safe to check in hotel computer?

CupCrusher40

Or is it better to have the driver do airport laps. Can other guests see history of your reservation 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Safe to check in hotel computer?

TheMiddleSeat
Top Contributor

You can, just be smart about it. Use an incognito mode or clear your browser cache when you are done. If asked, don't save passwords.

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Top Contributor

I just check in on my phone/tablet and if needed print the boarding pass at the airport when I arrive. 

If you don't have a smart phone or tablet and you use the hotel computer most hotels will restart and clear your information after so long of inactivity or after so long on a session (usually 20-45mim session in my experience) it's always best practice to not save your password on a public device just be smart if you use a hotel computer. 

-Blake

Wardell759
New Arrival

@liteblue wrote:

Or is it better to have the driver do airport laps. Can other guests see history of your reservation 

I’ve been traveling almost 50% of the time most years since the early 1990s. I have stayed in every possible kind of accommodation. I always leave my laptop in my room. Never had any problems.

I’d be careful in hostels, because most theft is perpetrated by fellow travelers. Don’t let people see you have a fancy laptop, or accept the cost of a private room as the price of insurance.