Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Safe to check in hotel computer?

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

Or is it better to have the driver do airport laps. Can other guests see history of your reservation 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Safe to check in hotel computer?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You can, just be smart about it. Use an incognito mode or clear your browser cache when you are done. If asked, don't save passwords.

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Aviator A

I just check in on my phone/tablet and if needed print the boarding pass at the airport when I arrive. 

If you don't have a smart phone or tablet and you use the hotel computer most hotels will restart and clear your information after so long of inactivity or after so long on a session (usually 20-45mim session in my experience) it's always best practice to not save your password on a public device just be smart if you use a hotel computer. 

-Blake

Wardell759
Explorer C

@liteblue wrote:

Or is it better to have the driver do airport laps. Can other guests see history of your reservation 

I’ve been traveling almost 50% of the time most years since the early 1990s. I have stayed in every possible kind of accommodation. I always leave my laptop in my room. Never had any problems.

I’d be careful in hostels, because most theft is perpetrated by fellow travelers. Don’t let people see you have a fancy laptop, or accept the cost of a private room as the price of insurance.