Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Saving seats

ORCAGUY
Explorer C

Once again I paid 40 dollars to improve my boarding position and I get a seat in the emergency exit row and there is some yahoo saving a seat for his wife. 

Thus us has to stop. And SWA answer we have no policy about saving seats!! What a joke!!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Saving seats

chgoflyer
Aviator A

If you got your seat in the emergency exit row, why do you care whether or not someone else was saving a different seat?

ORCAGUY
Explorer C

I care because several times I have had to confront the person saving the seat by saying there is no policy for or against saving seats, I am sitting here sorry. And of course the flight attendant just looks the other way. Imagine how much fun that is!!

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Sounds like a blast. 😉

While I agree that saving a seat in the exit row is a "douche move," I also understand that Southwest allows seat saving. Therefore, I realize that, technically, I have no greater claim to any seat than any other person who is saving one. 

Yes, that concept is hard for many to grasp. 

Sure, I can fight them for it... but more often than not, I'm not really in the mood. And ultimately, as we know, the most obnoxious persons wins. 

Douche bags are always gonna be douche bags.

And until Southwest changes their policy, that's just how it is.

ORCAGUY
Explorer C

WELL SAID!!