Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Security

Runnergirlfla
Explorer C

Why have certain airports eliminated a special line for AList travelers to go thru TSA security screening points?  Have to go thru check in line with all travelers now if you a don’t get precheck for travel.  Fort Lauderdale is one example.  Are all airports eliminating A list security  lines?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Security

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Runnergirlfla wrote:

Why have certain airports eliminated a special line for AList travelers to go thru TSA security screening points?  Have to go thru check in line with all travelers now if you a don’t get precheck for travel.  Fort Lauderdale is one example.  Are all airports eliminating A list security  lines?

Do not know the answer to your question, but I suspect not.

The airports are probably not singling out A-Listers, but instead are eliminating the benefit for all airlines' high level reward program travellers.

SWDigits
Aviator A
@Runnergirlfla is this a recent change? The Southwest Airport Information page still shows Fly By Security as available at FLL:

https://www.southwest.com/html/air/airport-information.html

Customer | Home airport DCA

Runnergirlfla
Explorer C

I was just told  by the person checking ID and boarding passes that there was no AList fly by Security at Fort Lauderdale airport when I flew out of that airport 4/9/2019.  Might be a recent change.  Will check again next time when I fly out given info you shared on details by airport.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Runnergirlfla wrote:

I was just told  by the person checking ID and boarding passes that there was no AList fly by Security at Fort Lauderdale airport when I flew out of that airport 4/9/2019.  Might be a recent change.  Will check again next time when I fly out given info you shared on details by airport.

Make sure if there might be multiple security checkpoints, it could be available at one location but not another - especially if one access would be primarily for Southwest and another one could be shared among carriers. 

Same thing for TSA PreCheck, some airports have multiple options for PreCheck but not including every checkpoint.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Just to add on, for security reasons, airports and the TSA sometimes shut these lanes down for the day. I just flew from FLL and didn't see any issues on the day I flew.

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger