Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Service during the Shut down on June 15th 2021. Its understandable that the situation was uncontrol

Dmunford
Explorer C

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Service during the Shut down on June 15th 2021. Its understandable that the situation was uncon

Dmunford
Explorer C

Hundreds Travelers were left completely unattended by Southwest Airlines employees. Food was unavailable, service desk was closed, information was unavailable. I feel there should have been a company representative present to assist in any way possible the hundreds and possibly thousands of passengers left stranded in an unfamiliar situation. I am describing Dallas as I saw it on Monday Night, 14 June 2021 and Tuesday Morning 15 June during early morning hours from Midnight till I left via Uber to DFW finding a flight to get my home. I feel very sorry for so many left helpless and unattended at Love Field by Southwest.  

Southwest should apologize... not for the shut down. They should apologize for the lack of empathy, and service to so many stranded passengers. 

I believe Herb Kelleher would be ashamed of what was done for his beloved passengers.

Good luck to many still trying to get to their destination.

Re: Service during the Shut down on June 15th 2021. Its understandable that the situation was uncon

dfwskier
Aviator A

Sorry, but Southwest could no more plan for this than it could for the Covid disaster.

If it tries to prepare for the worst case scenario, it would need to hire hundreds or thousands more employees. When not in a worst case situation, those new hires would be sitting on their butts with nothing to do.

In the meantime, your ticket price will go up to pay for all those additional salaries...

jksobonya
Aviator A

I'm trying to decide if this is a real person or a bot, due to the weird tags in the first post - and the other blank post which I am thinking about reporting for removal. 

--Jessica