Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Short Layover in MCI

meaganegibson
Explorer C

I just booked a flight from Nashville with a 40 minute layover in MCI airport. I looked at the map for MCI and it appears all SW flights board in the same terminal. Will this be enough time to make my next flight? I have never flown alone before and I am stressed about this short layover. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Short Layover in MCI

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

Southwest wouldn't let you book a flight with a 40 minute connection if it did not think you could make it. It's not that far from one end of the Southwest part of the concourse to the other end.

The question is whether or not you get to your connection before the boarding process starts.

To better your chances of doing so, try to snag a seat on the flight the arrives at MCI as close as possible to the front of the plane so you can get off that plane as quickly as possible.

jksobonya
Aviator A

Short layovers can be stressful! I've been there! Assuming your plane takes off on time, you shouldn't have any problems making the connection.

--Jessica

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

I don’t like layovers that short either, but your situation reminds me of short connections through Atlanta. All the SW gates are super close together, so assuming everything is on time, having that short of a connection is perfect and means less travel time.

This time of year and with planes not being as full, hopefully you will be OK with no unforeseen delays.

Good luck!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

bec102896
Aviator A

It's been a couple years since I flew thigh MCI however I do know Southwest only has 8 gates at MCI and they are all in the same terminal (terminal B) you shouldn't have any problem making your connection assuming your first flight is on time. 

-Blake