Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Short layover in BNA?

aijones0515
Explorer C

We have a 35 minute layover with plane change in BNA tomorrow morning.  I've never had such a short layover, ever.  We have Boarding position A39 so I hope to be toward the front of the plane at least but I'm a little stressed over making our connecting flight and our luggage getting onto the next plane....hoping someone can ease my mind a bit.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Short layover in BNA?

jksobonya
Aviator A

I've had layovers this short before - a lot of the times when you switch planes the plane you are boarding is in the same gate area as the plane you are getting off, so it doesn't take long to get to the plane. If you're lucky the planes will be right next to each other. They will probably already be boarding by the time you get to the gate, so you can just go right on!

--Jessica

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Paging BNA expert @elijahbrantley 

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Aviator A

While we await on the BNA expert here is some information from my layovers in BNA

So in BNA flights depart from the C and D terminal if you are the unlucky one who gets gate C25 to gate D6 it might take you 7-10min to walk to the connecting flight. I would check you gate assignment when you are on the first flight while taxiing after landing that way you can know where your going instead of looking for the flight board in the airport. I’ve taken a bunch of 35min layovers they aren’t my favorite but they are doable and every time my bag has made it on those short layovers. 

your 2nd flight may already have begun the boarding process by the time you get to the next gate. if your boarding group has already been called you can walk up to the agent and board as soon as you arrive. 

if your 1st flight is delayed you might talk to a customer service agent at the airport to see if the flight will be held for you or find out if you should you move to another flight. 

you should be good to go just sit towards the front on your 1st flight and be ready to move once that seat belt sign is turned off and the door is opened. 

-Blake 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Perhaps @bec102896 is the new BNA expert?

--TheMiddleSeat

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeatThis BNA "Expert" is late to the party, but @bec102896 pretty much covered it.

I too dislike layovers that short -- they stress me out, BUT I will say there is nothing better than the first flight coming in early enough where you have time to make it to your second gate and immediately line up for boarding. It is efficient, but there are potential variables.

The good news is that taxi time at BNA is really low. The runway that is furthest from the terminal is currently closed, so that helps.

Regardless, as @bec102896 said, the airport is not that large, and this connection time is totally doable. We would love to hear your experience, @aijones0515!

-A List, Companion Pass holder