Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Should I have received my boarding number?

Lalumley
Explorer C

Hi, so I booked a flight for business a couple weeks ago and I went ahead and purchased the early bird check in.  Well about a week after I booked it I found out that we have a corporate contract that gives us A List for 90 days with the opportunity to keep it if we adhere to certain requirements.  Well I signed up and received a list and upon receiving it I contacted southwest and they ever so kindly refunded my early bird check in fee as they said my A List would get me a better boarding spot.  So I just hit the 36 hour mark prior to my flight and I still haven’t received my boarding number.  Is this normal with A List or should I be able to see my boarding number at the 36 hour mark?  I’m a little concerned that my a list isn’t being recognized and they cancelled the early bird which is going to give me a horrible boarding position…

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Should I have received my boarding number?

Imani
Adventurer C
Solution

SWA assigns your boarding number/pass 36 hours before your flight, when you check in 24 hours before your flight, you will be able to see your boarding number at that time.  Even though you are on the A list, you still need to check in as if you weren’t as early as 24 hours before or at a minimum 30 mins before your flight so you don’t lose your seat.  I hope that helps.

Re: Should I have received my boarding number?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Boarding position is assigned 36 hours prior, but not available until 24 hours prior to departure. 

--TheMiddleSeat