Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

So this problem is weather?

3-10
Adventurer C

https://imgur.com/a/unfzmIm

You say this problem is weather related? SWAholes, can you please explain to me Delta and United and why they are in the single digits?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: So this problem is weather?

3-10
Adventurer C

Even Spirit is doing better and they have staffing issues, especially in DÍA too. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

I think thru Sunday it probably was primarily weather related. there were 15,000+ North American flights cancelled across all airlines from .Wed thru Sun

Today seems to be a different beast. Southwest does not seem capable of getting it's act together.

I think recovery is easier for airlines like United, Delta and American. Their planes fly from  hubs to spokes and then back to hubs. So it would be easier to get equipment  and crews where they need to be for continuing operations than it would be for Southwest. 

Southwest flies point to point, so when things headed south and cancellations cascaded Southwest was left with crews and planes in lots of different places that needed to get back to lots of different places - and Southwest was not up to the task. At least that's my opinion

3-10
Adventurer C

I won’t dispute that at the beginning of last week till about the 23rd was weather, but since then this has been a complete self-induced mess by Southwest. 

I wouldn’t have been that upset if they told me a few days early that things were getting a mess. Even having canceled the flight the day before and I could have probably drove from DÍA to PHX. 

Instead they knew full well that DÍA was not functioning at all. They waited till less than 2.5 hours before the flight to delay it by 25 minutes and then less than 2 hours before the flight, decided to cancel it. When the clerk flat says pretty much no flights we’re taking off all morning, noon, and afternoon, what made them think they could acceptably delay the cancelation of one of the later flights?

N82EZ
Adventurer B

It's pretty well documented that DIA is ramper issues... I can tell you first hand it took over and hr to get my luggage Wednesday the 20th. They asked for patience as "there is only one guy to offload the luggage" Of course the best practice would be to load the outgoing bags and get the revenue flowing to the next stop then drop our bags at the carousel. (Can't blame them from wanting to keep the wheels and people moving forward)

KHUSKER
Explorer C

I CHECKED IN AT THE 24 HOUR MARK LAST NIGHT 12/25 AT 5:15 PM - NO ISSUES - THEN ABOTU 7:30 PM I GO BACK TO VERIFY TIME TO GET AN IDEA WHAT TIME TO LEAVE TODAY 12/26 TO HEAD TO AIRPORT SAYS THE FLIGHT WAS CANCELLED - NO TEXT NO EMAIL NOTHING - 2:30 AM I GET TEXTS FOR EACH PERSON IN GROUP FLIGHT CANCELLED CLICK HERE - GO TO LINK SAYS SW REBOOKED US ON A DIFFERENT FLIGHT BUT GIVES NO INFO - I HAD BEEN ON HOLD OVER 6 HOURS WHEN I FIRST NOTICED THE CANCELLATION LAST NIGHT GET DISCONNNECTED START BACK OVER WITH 3 PHONES CALLING - FINALLY AFTER 10 HOURS SOMEONE ANSWERS - NO HELP NOT REBOOKED LIKE MESSAGE SAYS - NOT HELP WHATSOEVER TELLS ME I HAVE TO GIVE CITIES AROUND THE AIRPORTS BOTH ENDS TO FIND SOMETHING THAT MIGHT WORK - 

ALSO HUGE - WHEN YOU CALL IN THEY CHANGED THE PHONE SYSTEM NO OPTION FOR A LISTERS TO GO INTO - FURIOUS!!!! - SW REP TELLS ME THAT THERE IS A NEW # FOR A-LISTERS SHOULD HAVE GOT AN EMAIL - NOPE DIDN'T GET ONE

TELLS ME MY FLIGHT WAS CANCELLED DUE TO AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL, DENVER THE MIDDLE OF OUR FLIGHT - DENVER HAVING ISSUES FROM STORM LAST WEEK INCLUDING GAS, AND THERE IS A PILOT AND CREW ISSUE ALL OVER THE COUNTRY - BS!!

SYSTEM ON THE APP AND THE WEBSITE CONTINUALLY CRASHING - SENDING LONG ERROR MESSAGES - WHATEVER PARAMETERS YOU PUT IN  - IT COMES BACK WITH SOMETHING ELSE - IMG_5746.JPEGIMG_5747.JPEGIMG_1388.PNGIMG_1387.JPGIMG_1375.PNGIMG_1374.PNGIMG_1373.PNGIMG_1372.PNGIMG_1364.PNG