Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest Airlines grounds ALL flights across the U.S. after systemwide computer glitch

dfwskier
Aviator A

Oh no. Here we go again

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11986123/Southwest-Airlines-grounds-flights-U-S-computer-gl...

edit add:

It appears mostly over ex except for Dallas

FAA lifts nationwide ground stop for Southwest Airlines flights after equipment issues

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/southwest-airlines-flight-delays/index.html

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Southwest Airlines grounds ALL flights across the U.S. after systemwide computer glitch

PDFelter
Frequent Flyer B

Looks like it is now over.  Goodness.  

Re: Southwest Airlines grounds ALL flights across the U.S. after systemwide computer glitch

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Earlier than expected test of the new procedures to recover the schedule. Good  luck Southwest, I hope the rest of the day goes smoothly and back to normal. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

Twitter is buzzing about the SWA announcement of resumption of service, but failure to announce the stoppage this morning.🙄

SWA will get so much more creditability if they are straight with their Customers. Here's to  hoping for more tranparent and proactive communications on their part

floridaguy
Aviator C

I'm wondering if this will come to be known as the Spring DISASTER?

bec102896
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

How did I know you would be here with your bold red ink 😂 

so far I see only delays 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

Better luck next time...

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

@floridaguy wrote:

Better luck next time...

My mother-in-law arrived on her flight even a little bit early today. So for Southwest no impact to us today, I'd say not a disaster. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.