Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest Vacation Package Refund - I think

maryanne6
Explorer C

Had booked a trip to Fort Myers, Florida thru SW Vacation for the wk of 4/18.  Cancelled it on 3/22 due to COVID.  Had purchased “Travel Protection”.  Response received said it would take ~90 days for refund. Just noticed a credit to my credit card statement from Apple Vacation Corp on 6/3. After reading some of the posts, I learned that SW contracts out to companies (so I guess this is it).  

I expected the refund to be the amount we paid minus the Travel Protection “ but after subtracting that, it is short ~ $450.  Also read some comments on here about needing to cancel the rental car separately- didn’t do that -$250 more there. But it is still short ~ $200.  Any other penalties I am not aware of? I emailed Customer Service one week ago & have not received a response. Thank u. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Southwest Vacation Package Refund - I think

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

As you're sort of discovering, Southwest Vacations is actually a totally different company than Southwest Airlines and the two area not related and have different return/refund policies. Hopefully you've contacted customer service for Southwest Vacations, ultimately they will be the ones to help you with this. Good luck!

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Southwest Vacation Package Refund - I think

maryanne6
Explorer C

I was able to get the issue resolved by messaging Southwest on Facebook.  Great customer service there.  The hotel part of my trip was refunded but my air fare was not.