Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest app

chad09
Explorer C

I have used the Southwest app for years. recently in trying to plan a flight for December my app would not work without being updated but it would not update in the Google play store I would always get a message that said sorry something went wrong try again later I went to the usual troubleshooting And nothing worked. 

I eventually uninstalled the app to try a reinstall along with a cache empty but now I cannot download the app at all it still tells me that something went wrong.

My phone is not really that old it is a note 8 and has plenty of ram and physical memory and downloads any other app easily even with low bars

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Southwest app

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

First thing to check is what version of Android are you running on your Note?  It appears those shipped with version 7, but could be upgraded.  The Southwest app requires Android 8 or higher.  If you still have 7 see if you can get an upgrade either through your carrier, Google, or Samsung.  If it still doesn't work you can accomplish most tasks through the Southwest mobile site, just go to southwest.com on your Note's web browser.

--TheMiddleSeat

chad09
Explorer C

I am currently running android 9 and the ability to use the app is more of a convenience thing especially once I get to the airport for the itinerary and the boarding pass and everything

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Sorry I don't have any more ideas, it "should" work.

--TheMiddleSeat