Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest flights changed or canceled

debra530
Explorer C

Unbelievably I schedule a flight the next day it gets changed a month later it gets changed we book in the morning and then all of a sudden my flight is not arriving until almost midnight? My daughter pointed out something and this maybe true and so frequently happens that other airlines only have a couple of flights and Southwest has  so many for the same day and then all the sudden they Consolidated and your flight is Switched to another  day. Do you think this is good marketing and they're just doing this to get you to books and then they change your flight to benef8 there scheduled and rope you in? It is happened to us so many times I believing this is true. For the last couple of years I have booked flights from New York to RSW every Monday when I was in the midst of selling my house they canceled our flight I ended up waiting a few days before I could possibly get out of New York. So yes they have no baggage fees but you can never book something and be certain  you going to get anywhere you want to be at that time. Last summer I had a wedding to go to my flight was cancelled due to Mechanical errors so they said when we got off the plane we couldn't find a flight until the next day and we had to drive in order to get to the wedding.  This was the first flight of the day.. T he plane was their all night. Unfortunately Southwest has become so unreliable 

it is a shame because I really wanted to use this Airline but I don't have confidence that they're looking out forbus they're just looking out after what makes sense to them economically so sad for all of us Debra 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Southwest flights changed or canceled

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

The number of schedule changes recently made is small compared to the overall number of flights.  To think it is part of some grand plan is lunacy.

Mechanical issues and unexpected changes happen on all airlines, feel free to discover this on your own, it probably won't take too long.

--TheMiddleSeat

Promix
Explorer C

I've experienced changes to flight times before, but the change or new flight is always the same day as originally booked.  However, my most recent experience is extremely disappointing.  Our direct flight home in April was canceled and we were moved to a flight with two stops.  Total trip time went from two hours to twelve.  That on its own is not unique, but the kicker here is the flight is on a different day.  This significantly alters the entire trip!  

Only explanation for this is the need to fill up other flights.  This is spring break week and the canceled flight was fully booked.

I'm a huge SW fan and it's largely because stuff like this has historically not happened.  

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@Promix wrote:

Only explanation for this is the need to fill up other flights.  This is spring break week and the canceled flight was fully booked.

Lol, no. That's not how it works.

--TheMiddleSeat

Promix
Explorer C

Please explain then.....