Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Southwest violating my rights

Aclark
Explorer B

I have an additional audio recording that along with the video suggest otherwise. I was simply standing there minding my own business so how then would you conclude it was being disruptive for her to approach me and prevent me from boarding. How was I unruly when I only asked her to repeat her statement of barring me from the plane. No sir I was nowhere in being disruptive when the initial barring was solely based on her wanting me to remove protective clothing. She then proceeded to physically assault me after I left the boarding counter, yet based on what is it that you feel that I should have been banned from a flight when I was only silently standing and waiting to board? Please do enlighten me?

chgoflyer
Aviator A

I very much doubt that enlightening you is possible at this point.

Please consider your actions, the effect they have on others, and the consequences they have.

There is zero justification for anyone to show up at an airport wearing the equivalent of hazmat gear, and doing so is a provocative action, one which has consequences. 

Aclark
Explorer B

So for you to think that clothing, of which did no such thing as being provocative warranted this. No sir, so do you find a Djellaba to be provocative, or perhaps a Agbada, what about a Hijab? Do you not understand that what may be provocative to you may not be to others and if it does not violate preexisting rules or break laws then for one to be penalized for undue judgement is wrong and hurtful. I pray that you may find truth in righteousness.

BDrft
Explorer B

What you stated is opinion. 

"The behavior exhibited in the video is obviously disruptive."

In what way? And to whom? "Disruptive behavior" is a subjective matter.

"Airlines have a right to refuse service to passengers who violate their contracts of carriage. 

Cite the FAA statute which helps to corroborate that statement. Simply going with the status quo doesn't make your statement hold any validity.

pittpa
Explorer C

I wish more people had taken the virus this seriously back on March 4.

BDrft
Explorer B

If you were on the receiving end of such treatment, then you would likely feel differently. Much like how "aclark" can just not fly, the employees can go work a janitorial position if they can't handle providing good customer service. 

Remember: the customer is always right. Without customers, there simply cannot be a business. 

Aclark
Explorer B

Hey just wanted to reach out and see how you were doing?

BDrft
Explorer B

Cite the specific statute. The "FAQs" are too generic. Better yet, please explain to us all how exactly "aclark" violated the contract of carriage. Why is it that you are siding with the employee rather than the paying customer? What is your motive?

BDrft
Explorer B

No need for the snide remark. Please learn how money works before spouting off. If you PAY for a service, then you are entitled to receive what ever it is you paid for. That's how money works. By denying him service, Southwest violated the terms of service. 

Aclark
Explorer B

Everyone posting this to their social media because of the instagram that's went viral I hope that you are doing so because you want equality and justice and not just view counts from your Facebook friends.