Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Stuck in KDEN can't rebook b/c of a companion association

N82EZ
Adventurer B

Frustrated long time SWA customer stuck in the mess at Denver. Started on the 21st with baggage delays (Only one guy to u/l the plane; took over an hr to get luggage. Missed a great portion of a hockey game.

Today no notification of our flight cancellation from the a/l directly. Checked their website and flightaware 6 hrs before flight, all good; 4 hrs before flight showed cancelled.

My issue is that I have a companion on my reservation and I can't make changes on the app or via the web I HAVE to call. Well 2-1/2 hrs later on hold and counting and my wife getting cut out of que/hung up on even with my A-List phone access number. "What's a mother to do!?" I think my hands are tied.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Stuck in KDEN can't rebook b/c of a companion association

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You can remove the companion, make your changes, then re-add the companion. That's standard procedure for making changes after a companion is added to the booking. 

--TheMiddleSeat

N82EZ
Adventurer B

When you say "remove" I can only change or delete companions by phone. To change the reservation online I get:

Sorry, we found some errors...

• Companion reservations cannot be changed online. Please contact a Southwest Airlines Customer Representative at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792).

I just got the rebook text 1/2hr before the scheduled flight time and the msg retrieval pin doesn't get me my message... *sigh* I'll try again in a 1/2hr and get on the a-list line again when I wake up in the middle of the night.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Click on details for your reservation, click on details for the reservation for the companion that is listed, cancel. 

--TheMiddleSeat

N82EZ
Adventurer B

Thanks M.S.  I see where it can be cancelled before flight. Since it's after the scheduled flight time it shows that it's been modified and have to go through the "change channels"

I booked a flight for us on Wednesday and see where I can cancel it there; but I think it's the best soonest for 2. I'll call and see what they can do on their end "behind the scenes" to get me out on Tuesday. Denver has been a real mess to say the least and the rumors are flying on why there are issues here.