Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: TSA Pre-Check

matdog58
Explorer C

The only problem with checking your itinerary is once you’ve been assigned a boarding pass to verify, if wanting to add TSA Pre you will lose your seating assignment. You can board A-List with new but easier to just use Fly Bye lane and keep original.  Not exactly why I paid for this but at least works on other airlines.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@matdog58 I'm interested to hear what happened to others doing this. Theoretically the boarding position that you just vacated might still be available and re-assigned.

Also if you are an A-list customer, then personally I'd take Pre-check first and then board with A-listers at "A61". 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Flyer51
Explorer C

Is there an easy way to add the Trusted Traveler number to a reservation? By company policy I have to use a third party travel agency and therefore have to add my number to each reservation seperately.

spazzmonger
Explorer C
@Flyer51 - When booking your travel and you are asked to enter or verify the passenger information, there is a field for the KTN. If it is in your Southwest/Rapid Rewards profile, it will auto-populate. If not, just enter manually.

RyanK8416
Explorer C

Still doesn't make a difference.  I called Customer Service and was told, "Sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't".  Useless...I paid for it, I expect to use it!

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @RyanK8416,

The TSA (which is a separate entity from us) does state on their web site that even when someone is enrolled in the PreCheck program, he or she is not guaranteed to get PreCheck 100% of the time. 

lyriczeph
Explorer C

Southwest is a total mess when it comes to PreCheck.  All other carriers manage to attach it to your profile and PNR, but Southwest does not. Book a ticket, enter it again.  Try to add it on a mobile device? You're out of luck.  Check in and then try to enter it? You're out of luck.  Drives me nuts.  Enough to avoid Southwest on as many flights as I can.  Challenge is, couple times a month, I have to take them.  

Please Southwest, make it easier for frequent fliers to put Global Entry to work.  TSA precheck should attach to any reservation you see my rewards number on.  Just fix it--it's really just a database issue. Every other carrier in the US has solved it.  

SWAtravelGuy1
Explorer C

Yes, this needs attention from their I.T. people.  This issue IS NOT SOLVED!

Wtd03
Explorer C

Its almost 2018 and ita still not solved. 

Tsa pre prints for other ai

JPBOKC
Explorer C

Lindsey, I know you not with the TSA but after going through the security and vetting process and paying the gov. $85 for TSA Pre-Check, why would you then still just get it randomly? This does not make sense! You can get TSA Pre-Check without a KTN! Could see exceptions when high alerts are in place but certainly not during normal travel periods. If this is truly the case, my wife and I are going to ask for refund from the TSA.