Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: TSA Pre-Check

chgoflyer
Aviator A

This issue isn't with TSA and/or random non-inclusion, it's with Southwest and their systems. There is a known issue with KTN's populating to a reservation from a customer's profile. Also, the systems are very touchy and the names in Southwest's booking must match the name TSA granted the KTN to exactly -- including any middle initial and/or jr, sr, etc. Unfortunately, your best bet at the moment is to double-check each booking to make sure the KTN transfered over, and call Southwest is your boarding pass doesn't initially show PerCheck. They can add the KTN manually and you can then reprint your BP. Good luck.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

@JPBOKC,

We want you to receive the full benefit of TSA Precheck. If it is consistently not showing up on your boarding passes, please contact our Customer Relations Department at 1-855-234-4654 so that we can take some time and troubleshoot the issue with you. Sometimes it can be solved simply by correcting a mismatch in the information given to the TSA and the information in your Rapid Rewards Account (middle initial, for example). 

cthomaso
Explorer C

I continue to have this problem and when I called today for my next flight, the SWA rep worked with the help desk and added my KTN.  They indicated that my corporate travel agent (AMEX) was transmitting my first and middle name combined, so that both names appeared as my first name.   I will remove my middle name from my AMEX profile to see if this works.   Fingers crossed. 

lyriczeph
Explorer C

Southwest, this is not solved.

JayBird0711
Explorer C

Not solved.  My wife and I have been "opted in" for southwest precheck for over a year.  We have never gotten it.  We were approved for Global Entry in August and added our KTN to our profiles.  Just checked in for my flight tomorrow and no precheck for my wife or I.  I just don't understand why this can't be fixed.  Frustrating.

JayBird0711
Explorer C

I really don't want to have to call.  If i show my GE id when i check my luggage, can they add the tsa pre at that time?  Thanks.

franktravel
Aviator B

From FAQ

Please note: Although participants in the CBP's Trusted Traveler programs (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI and the TSA PreCheck Application Program) and Rapid Rewards Members who have opted into the program are eligible for expedited screening, no one is guaranteed expedited screening. Eligibility is determined by the TSA on a per-flight segment basis.

Not sure if this is the answer you were looking for.

trisatu1
Explorer C

This topic is shown as SOLVED.  As has been repeatedly noted, it is NOT solved ... the problem is with Southwest's system, not TSA.  Had it happen to me AGAIN, today.  And had the ditzy  agent tell me that it's (a) a TSA problem (it's not ... have verified with TSA, once again, that it's a problem with SWA's system, not TSA), or (b) "it's a TSA issue because you're not guaranteed to get precheck ... it says so on the TSA site ... " (that's a non-starter, BECAUSE, according to TSA, that only happens if there's a reason for heightened alert OR it's at an airport where pre-check isn't offered ... )"

The other non-sensical statement was that I only get pre-check because I'm randomly selected to get it.  If that's the case, and I do get it 98+% of the time (100% of the time with other airlines), why the heck would I even worry about entering my KTN ... ?  

Calling SWA to get it rectified (as suggested in the FAQs) doesn't help, BECAUSE ... you'll get the same ditz that I got (or her equivalent ... who stayed on the line and starting laughing about my stupidity with a fellow agent ...).  

People, where's the LUV?????  LET'S GET THIS WEE PROBLEM FIXED!!!!!!!!

dfwskier
Aviator A

@trisatu1 wrote:

This topic is shown as SOLVED.  As has been repeatedly noted, it is NOT solved ... the problem is with Southwest's system, not TSA.  Had it happen to me AGAIN, today.  And had the ditzy  agent tell me that it's (a) a TSA problem (it's not ... have verified with TSA, once again, that it's a problem with SWA's system, not TSA), or (b) "it's a TSA issue because you're not guaranteed to get precheck ... it says so on the TSA site ... " (that's a non-starter, BECAUSE, according to TSA, that only happens if there's a reason for heightened alert OR it's at an airport where pre-check isn't offered ... )"

The other non-sensical statement was that I only get pre-check because I'm randomly selected to get it.  If that's the case, and I do get it 98+% of the time (100% of the time with other airlines), why the heck would I even worry about entering my KTN ... ?  

Calling SWA to get it rectified (as suggested in the FAQs) doesn't help, BECAUSE ... you'll get the same ditz that I got (or her equivalent ... who stayed on the line and starting laughing about my stupidity with a fellow agent ...).  

Hello. It's a bit difficult to understand your specific complaint.

Are you saying that you have a known traveller number, and that the number is listed in your Southwest profile? Are you also saying that despite the above that the number is not populating a reservation you've bought and thus your TSA number is not showing up on your boarding pass?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@trisatu1 wrote:

This topic is shown as SOLVED.  As has been repeatedly noted, it is NOT solved ... the problem is with Southwest's system, not TSA. 

I would suggest that you start a new thread with your specific issues. There a many ways that PreCheck can be mixed up and that has resulted in a multi-page thread - so indeed some people's issues have been solved, and others haven't.

Southwest's system works great for most people, so as fellow flyers we'd need a little more information on your specific problem to give any advice.

Do you have KTN added retro-actively at the ticket counter when you arrive at the airport, does it work then?

Did you book tickets in advance and then add KTN to your profile - no it doesn't get copied into existing reservations.

Does your name match the spelling, middle intiails, suffix, etc. when you fly the other airlines?

There was a big change recently where many people were getting PreCheck at random but that isn't happeneing now...did you fly the other guys recently?

Too many to cover - start your own thread so that we can focus on your own issues.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.