Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: TSA Pre-Check

Lam314
Explorer C

My known traveler number is in my account info and I added it 30 days before my flight.  I was very disappointed tha it did not print on my boarding pass. What's up, Southwest?

mesummerlin
Explorer C

I am deeply annoyed that my boarding passes for tomorrow morning don't show preCheck.  I entered my GOES number weeks ago!

bec102896
Aviator A

@mesummerlin

Sorry your boarding pass doesn't have TSA PRE on it

i would double check to make sure your name on your reservation matches exactly as it does on your global entry if it doesn't match you most likely won't get pre check. Also I would double check to make sure you entered the number correctly and in the correct place as KTN spot is next to the redress number spot and I know some enter them in the wrong place if they are distracted when booking or if you booked on the phone they could have made a mistake as well. 

Hope this helps! 

Blake 

RobH
Adventurer C
Solution

Hi @agoodman,

One other item to mention is to make sure your name and date of birth entered in your reservation matches exatcly to what you have on file with TSA Pre✓. Ensuring those match will reduce the risk in not receiving TSA Pre✓. Hope you receive it next time you travel! -Rob

SWAtravelGuy1
Explorer C

My wife and I have had TT #s for years.  Suddenly, last year my # stopped showing up on any of my boarding passes.  No changes were made to account.  Have tried every suggestion from SWA adivisors to no avail.  The numbers have always been in my profile but they now will not transfer to boarding passes.  IT IS NOT a TSA thing.  This is a SOUTHWEST thing.  THIS ISSUE IS NOT RESOLVED contrary to some of the lables from moderators.  I an not alone with this issue. Mods, please read all the comments from others having the same issues.  Please have your I.T. people correct the problem.  I will be writing letters up the chain in SWA in the near future.  If that doesn't help, I will enlist help on social media.  

I have loved most everything about SWA for years, but this is very frustrating. 

CareforNOLA
Frequent Flyer A

@SWAtravelGuy1,

I can only speak to my personal experience, but I have not had problems, and I am very glad that I have not because I fly frequently.  If @DancingDavidE‘s Suggestion does not work, then I suggest calling at some off rush time and maybe a different SWA customer service agent can figure it out.  

@mesummerlin

i realize that it is too late now, but if the ticket was booked first, then you got the number and entered it in, the system uses the data from the original booking.  I had that issue once with a family member — ticket booked, KTN put in, no TSA pre on boarding pass.  I think we called and were able to get a new boarding pass but we had to call and they cancelled and rebooked so that flier got TSA Pre, which meant a later boarding number.  It has been many years but that is what I remember. I hope your trip went well.

CareforNOLA
Frequent Flyer A

@SWAtravelGuy1, my mistake.  I meant the suggestions posted by @chgoflyer.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@CareforNOLA wrote:

@SWAtravelGuy1, my mistake.  I meant the suggestions posted by @chgoflyer.

But I am rooting for you as well. 

If it isn't too late, head to the airport a few minutes earlier than you otherwise would and stop off at the ticket counter to have them add PreCheck, or to let you know why it might not be appearing such as inconsistent names, verify the KTN, etc.

Often the issue can be fixed, and if you are checking luggage at the counter then it may not even take any extra time.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

robertphelan
Explorer C

The TSA pre Check is not solved. They point the finger at TSA.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

1) Make sure that the name on your Rapid Rewards account matches the name on your Known Traveler Number EXACTLY. Including middle name. If it doesn't, contact Southwest and have it updated.

2) Make sure your bookings use the correct name as well.

3) Check your individual itineraries and if the KTN hasn't auto-populated, add it manually to each one: https://www.southwest.com/flight/addSecureInfoEntry.html

Good luck!