Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

TSA Pre does not appear on my boarding pass

JamesBK
Explorer C

I just checked in for SW 3972 on 2/15 - - my Southwest mobi-pass did not show TSA Pre.  I checked My Account settings and found that my Known Traveler Number (KTN) was no longer on my profile.  I added it.  If I check in at the counter, will I be issued a boarding pass with the TSA Pre approval?

34 REPLIES 34

Re: TSA Pre does not appear on my boarding pass

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @JamesBK,

Yes, now that you've added your KTN, you should see the TSA PreCheck denotation at the top of your boarding pass. You can actually check that by re-checking in on Southwest.com. 

stlnyc
Explorer C

Hi thanks for this helpful answer. If I check in again will I lose my place in line? I have a preferred spot and dont want to lose it! Thanks!

KaitieN13
Explorer C

Hi Lindsey, I am having this same issue on my boarding pass! I just started flying Southwest with work more, so not sure why it wasn't added to my pass.  Would you be able to assist?

I'm flying from MDW on flight 648 to DCA tomorrow morning. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Unfortunately, there are known issues with Southwest's software populating a KTN from the profile to a reservation.

Add your KTN manually using this link, then reprint your boarding pass and it should (hopefully) now have PreCheck: https://www.southwest.com/flight/addSecureInfoEntry.html

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @KaitieN13,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with TSA Precheck!

Use the link that @chgoflyer posted - if that doesn't work, let me know. I'll send you a private message and we can troubleshoot the issue. 

theaterstar1997
Explorer C

I've tried the above link, but since I've already check in for my flight, it won't let me add my TSA # to my boarding pass for my reservation # B28IH3.  My TSA # was already in my SWA profile on-line before I checked in.  Can I get my TSA Pre added to my boarding pass at the check-in counter at the airport, or how do I get it added? My flight is this evening...

goc717
Explorer C

I traveled to Chicago last week. My TSA KTN appeared on the outbound leg, but was not present on the return leg. This is highly inconvenient especailly at Midway where delays are long at TSA. Please ssolve this issue

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@goc717 were both legs of your trip on the same reservation? If so, there's no good explanation for it to be missing from just one of the legs. If you notice it is missing you can call Southwest and have them re-add it to the reservation or you can also do it at the check-in counter at the airfield. I know I would be very unhappy if PreCheck was randomly missing from any of my reservations.

--TheMiddleSeat

goc717
Explorer C

Yes - both legs were on same Reservation #. So very confusing and annoying.