Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: TSA Pre does not appear on my boarding pass

Explorer C

My boarding passes are not displaying the TSA PreCheck notice. How can I get this updated? The link provided to manually enter the Known Traveller number states I cannot make any changes after already checkin in.

Please assist. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@51701635 you'll need to call Southwest or see an agent at baggage check-in to see if they can correct it for you.

--TheMiddleSeat

refelicia3
Explorer C

I am flying on business tomorrow morning with reservation id of *confirmation number removed*.

For some reason, my KTN is not showing up on the boarding pass.

I have my KTN on my account, and I'm verifying that the account number is correct.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Ray

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@refelicia3

The actual KTN won't show up on the boarding pass, but it will will say "TSA Pre✔️" .

If you don't see that you'll need to contact Southwest via phone or Twitter (@SouthwestAir) and see if they can add the KTN to the reservation. You should also be able to do this at the check-in counter at the airfield.

Before contacting Southwest double check that your name appears exactly as it does in your TSA account. For example, if you accidentally left your middle name off the reservation, but it's on your TSA profile that will prevent PreCheck from appearing.

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

@refelicia3

The actual KTN won't show up on the boarding pass, but it will will say "TSA Pre✔️" .

If you don't see that you'll need to contact Southwest via phone or Twitter (@SouthwestAir) and see if they can add the KTN to the reservation. You should also be able to do this at the check-in counter at the airfield.

Before contacting Southwest double check that your name appears exactly as it does in your TSA account. For example, if you accidentally left your middle name off the reservation, but it's on your TSA profile that will prevent PreCheck from appearing.

--TheMiddleSeat

Also @refelicia3 you should avoid putting your confirmation number online, although it could only be used along with your name for someone to "manage" your reservation on your behalf. You can edit your post to remove the confirmation number - no one on this board is able to take any action that would use it as it is a user-to-user community.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

derekfenwick
Explorer C

I just checked in for my flight tomorrow but my TSA pre check does not show on the boarding pass. I tried to go online and add it to the reservation but it says that you can’t add it after you check in. I don’t want to lose my spot in line of where I checked in. Can I get some help please?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@derekfenwick wrote:

I just checked in for my flight tomorrow but my TSA pre check does not show on the boarding pass. I tried to go online and add it to the reservation but it says that you can’t add it after you check in. I don’t want to lose my spot in line of where I checked in. Can I get some help please?

I think they can add it at the airport without voiding your boarding position. Obviously it defeats some of the time savings to plan to arrive an extra 15 minutes early to check in at the counter when you might not have had to do so otherwise.

Or they void your spot and re-issue fast enough that you "get it back" anyway.

BPSMITH905
Explorer C

Having same issue. Ktn in profile before I checked in. followed link you had to enter manually, but error says cant add since already checked in.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@BPSMITH905 wrote:

Having same issue. Ktn in profile before I checked in. followed link you had to enter manually, but error says cant add since already checked in.

It can't be added to an existing boarding pass, the pass would have to be deleted and then you re-check-in with the KTN added.

I believe if they do this at the ticket counter you can get your same number back. I'm not sure if that's a feature, or if it happens because everyone else is already checked in two hours prior so there isn't as much risk of someone taking your spot during the interval between deleting the boarding pass and checking-in for a new one. 

If you do it yourself now (a day ahead?) then it would be more likely for someone to check in while you were waiting and/or there's not a software hold on your position.

bec102896
Aviator A

It's also important to note that TSA PRE is only valid for 5 years from date of purchase so make sure it didn't expire as that will cause problems as well even if the number is on your account 

Blake