Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: TSA Pre does not appear on my boarding pass

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Mdr020559 wrote:

I am not a frequent SWA traveler. Not sure when the last time I flew them but have never not received Precheck on any other airline. Any other suggestions? 

Did I read that right: you have never received pre-check on any airline?

If that is true, IMO one of two things is happening:

1) The name you used in getting your KTN does not match the one you use in making reservations. If true, you won't get TSA Pre.

2) Somehow you are inputting the wrong KTN in making your reservations ie it does not match the one on file with the feds.

EVERYTHING has to match to get TSA Pre.

Mdr020559
Explorer C

No, you missed the “not” in my post. Double negatives are a pain. I have had my KTN for 4 years and have always gotten precheck on every other airline. Not sure what the issue is but if you scan these posts, there are quite a few people in my predicament. I also read an update from SWA where they recently made a change to allow you to enter/renter your KTN after you have checked in. That had no effect on my boarding pass. They also made a change recently to allow you to check in all passengers. This may actually be the issue...The other passenger on the reservation does not have PreCheck.

Mdr020559
Explorer C

Not that it should matter though, as I’ve never had an issue with other airlines. 

dannomaughan
Explorer C

How do we get a Known Traveler Number (KTN) ? Sometimes we get TSA Pre but lately have not. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@dannomaughan wrote:

How do we get a Known Traveler Number (KTN) ? Sometimes we get TSA Pre but lately have not. 

You can learn about and apply for PreCheck here: https://www.tsa.gov/precheck

Once you are approved you will receive a Known Traveler Number (KTN) and should receive PreCheck for your flights. As noted above, its not guaranteed that you will receive PreCheck on every flight, but most people report a very high percentage of their flights receive it. Without a KTN you should no longer be receiving PreCheck, the random access to PreCheck has been phased out by TSA. 

--TheMiddleSeat