Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

TSA Precheck suddenly not on boarding pass

Heitz
Explorer C

I have flown many times over the last few years with my global entry number in my Southwest account.  Suddenly, starting two weeks ago, TSA precheck is not printing on my boarding pass and I CAN'T THROUGH to anyone on the phone.  Your customer service is horrific at this point.  It said the wait was 41 minutes.  I waited 61 minutes and finally hung up to get back MY LIFE.  You give no ideas how to fix this online, but nobody can get through.  This airline used to be the top-the best one out there. I am so disappointed that I can't get anyone on the phone.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: TSA Precheck suddenly not on boarding pass

dfwskier
Aviator A

To be guaranteed TSA Pre on any flight, you have to pay for it - every five years.

Has your TSA Pre expired?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

+1 for what @dfwskier said.  You can check your expiration date here:

https://universalenroll.dhs.gov/workflows?workflow=service-status&servicecode=11115V

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

To be guaranteed TSA Pre on any flight, you have to pay for it - every five years.

Has your TSA Pre expired?

They still say it is not guaranteed although assuming the TSA PreCheck name matches the booking ticketed name, it seems to be 99+% for me.

Sometimes it has been as easy as not getting it on the at home boarding pass and asking for a new boarding pass at the ticket counter and it shows up again.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

jksobonya
Aviator A

@Heitz wrote:

I am so disappointed that I can't get anyone on the phone.

Every airline on planet earth has had long wait times for the past 2 years thanks to something called a global pandemic. We are not back to "normal" yet largely due to staffing and other issues. 

Send Southwest a message on social media and don't spend time tying up the phone lines for a TSA Precheck question that likely isn't a Southwest problem to begin with. 

--Jessica

jj1814
Adventurer C

I've learned that TSA Precheck is not always guaranteed even if your membership has not expired because of some security lottery process that TSA has.

dfwskier
Aviator A

I have been paid Pre for about 7 years. I fly about 35 times a year across all airlines.

In the roughly 250 flights I've had in the 7 years I have never failed to see Pre on my boarding passes.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

I have been paid Pre for about 7 years. I fly about 35 times a year across all airlines.

In the roughly 250 flights I've had in the 7 years I have never failed to see Pre on my boarding passes.

Similar, maybe one or two times for me, and it was resolved after a trip to the ticket counter for one of those.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.