Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Telephone Service not appropriate

docotto
Explorer C

Needed information today for flights tomorrow AM.  Called the 800 number, placed in queue and elected call-back in 17 minutes.  Did get call back, placed on hold, and then 5 minutes later the call was disconnected.  Now I am again waiting 37 minutes for that call back.  This is not SWA usual high level of professionalism

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Telephone Service not appropriate

chgoflyer
Aviator A

You apparently haven't needed to call Southwest lately.

What information are you seeking? There's a very strong possibility it's available online. And if it isn't, then the phone rep probably can't answer the question anyway.

(Like it or not, most companies are reducing their phone customer service and relying more on online options.)

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

Sorry to hear about your issues, since you have internet access use the SWA app to gather this type of info.

If your concerned about flight delays and/or cancellations use the Flightaware App. once you know a particular flight # you can check it's status, but more importantly you can access the "Where is my plane now" feature. This will tell you if the inbound flight is delayed/cancelled. You can also keep going backward and see if a flight left late earlier in the day or last night. I have been fortunate to see a delay on the West coast that was 2 flights before my scheduled flight which allowed me to do some math and figure my flight at BWI was going not going to depart on time, even though SW had not listed a delay yet, (ultimately I rebooked on another flight and got to where I needed to go.) I hate to promote Apps ,but the Flightaware app is awesome

Best of luck

dfwskier
Aviator A

You do realize that all airlines (including Southwest) have cancelled thousands of flights this week due to weather -- don't you?.

That means that tens of thousands of people are reaching out to the airline -- you are one of those tens of thousands.

Use anything but the phone to contact SW during times like these. For alternative ways, click on "contact us" below.

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

I called Southwest yesterday, during the heart of the snow mess. I got through in less than a minute. Canceled my flight because I wanted to get home, and there wasn't a earlier flight that I could catch. Flew United out of IAH. Sprung for first class. It was nice. Oh, but the point is that Southwest is very easy to get by phone lately.

jksobonya
Aviator A

I'm just dying to know what information you needed that you felt the need to actually pick up a phone and call Southwest.

Especially if you needed "flight information" - *surely* whatever information you were looking for could be found on Southwest.com or your airport's web site. 

--Jessica

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

@jksobonya In my case, my reservation had a linked PNR, and I couldn't cancel myself. An agent needs to do the cancelation.

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

Weather is so so vital to this industry.

Really try to fly extra in spring summer and fall. Snow ruins so much.

jksobonya
Aviator A

@CupCrusher40 wrote:

Weather is so so vital to this industry.

Really try to fly extra in spring summer and fall. Snow ruins so much.

So do rain and hurricanes / tornadoes!

--Jessica