Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Thank you

usrcpog
Explorer C

I read the article this morning on USA today about seat saving.  I have been a loyal customer for Southwest for many years.  I have attempted and been successful saving seats most recently with my wife and step-daughter on a trip to Floriday for vacation.  I know if someone comes and wants the seat that they have every right to take it.  If that happens and don't recall it ever happening I would get up and move if necessary.  Most folks that fly SW are so polite and if you tell them why they usually don't care and will find another seat.  Agree with a comment I saw if you are in the exit row trying to save a seat chances are that is not going to fly...  Recently I also handed out that the Thank you for kicking tail coupons to SW employees.  This was a big delima for me.  

• The ticket agent who was so great when I wanted an earlier flight.
  • The pilots who got me there safely.
  • The flight attendants who are so great, tell jokes, take care of all of us, serve us free soda, water, and snacks
  • The baggage handlers who put our bags on the flights
  • The folks on the other end of the phone with SW who help me when I need it.
  • The rest of the team I did not mention.

I am not a SW employee just a traveler who flys a few flights a year on business and leisure..  I will say thank you SW employees and thanks for the opporunity to pick my seat. Sorry for those who dont understand about seat saving..

Happy Holidays to all

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Thank you

tpegan
Explorer A

Everyone understands why someone would want to save seats.  

Karlakk
Explorer C

I never mind switching seats to keep a  party together and I have yet to witness any flight that when a party was separated, even in assigned seats that staff and passengers worked together to make everyone happy.

And yes the staff at Southwest is top notch and what makes it so pleasant is their attitudes because they are so family like, everyone wants to be at work.  I appreciate their family style and making every passenger feel like family.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@usrcpog wrote:

...Recently I also handed out that the Thank you for kicking tail coupons to SW employees.  This was a big delima for me.  

• The ticket agent who was so great when I wanted an earlier flight.
  • The pilots who got me there safely.
  • The flight attendants who are so great, tell jokes, take care of all of us, serve us free soda, water, and snacks
  • The baggage handlers who put our bags on the flights
  • The folks on the other end of the phone with SW who help me when I need it.
  • The rest of the team I did not mention.

I expect #2 on all my airline flights, but have definitely handed out a few kicktail coupons for many of the other roles! I did have a captain or co-pilot grab my gate-checked stroller off the elevator, but unfortunately at that time I was all bundled up and didn't have ready access to my coupons. Here's to you Captain!

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.